The Diversity Abroad Network “Diversity Network” will offer summer scholarships in the amount of $500 for full-time undergraduate (both community college and university level) students attending a member institution in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States.
Applicants must be full-time students at a university or community college based in the Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States. Economically disadvantaged students, African-American/Black, Asian, Hispanic/Latino, Multiracial/ethnic or Indigenous/Native-American, students with disabilities and first generation college undergraduate students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Attend a Diversity Network member institution (www.DiversityNetwork.org/members).
- Have minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA or the equivalent at an accredited university or college.
- Be willing to share their experiences abroad with the DiversityAbroad.com community via blogs (at least once a week), article submission (one or two article required depending on length of study abroad program) and participate in the DiversityAbroad.com Discussion Boards.
How to Apply:
Please read the following instructions carefully. The following items must be received by Friday, March 28, 2014 for Summer 2014 consideration.
- Completed an online application (link coming soon);
- Documentation verifying participation in a accredited program (i.e. a copy of your acceptance letter or email);
- Resume submitted on one single-sided 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper;
- Academic letter of reference from a professor, study abroad advisor, or academic advisor.
- Scanned copy of official transcripts.
The completed application is to be submitted online by 11:59pm PST on the deadline.
Applicants must also submit a video essay answering the following question: “How will international study and travel prepare you for the future?” Please follow these steps to submit your video:
Step 1 – Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
Step 2 – Name the video “Diversity Abroad Network Summer 2014 Scholarship – YOUR NAME (e.g. Diversity Abroad Network Summer 2014 Scholarship Lisette Gomez).
Step 3 – Include this list of tags: diversity, DiversityNetwork.org, study abroad, Summer 2014.
After you’ve complete your video share it!
- "Like" the DiversityAbroad.com page at http://www.facebook.com/diversityabroad.
- Post the video link to your Facebook page.
- When you post the video to your Facebook wall, tag DiversityAbroad.com by typing "@DiversityAbroad.com" and select our profile from the auto drop-down menu like this:
- Follow DiversityAbroad.com on Twitter @diversityabroad.
- Post the video to your twitter account.
Scholarship winners will be notified within two weeks of the application deadline.