Diversity Abroad’s online learning opportunities provide cost-effective training for individuals and offices/organizations. Institutions and organizations benefit from developing an inclusive environment that encourages all students, especially those
from diverse backgrounds, to pursue international education opportunities and thrive in global learning settings. Professionals gain valuable skills and tools relevant to working with students from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds throughout
the international education continuum.
Online Learning Courses
Diversity Abroad’s online course provides professional development opportunities centered on topics of access, inclusion, and diversity to professionals working in international education and exchange. Using a convenient asynchronous learning model, this
course(s) is intended to:
- Increase Participation in international education by promoting good practices, offering training and providing access to student resources that assist international education practitioners in effectively recruiting, advising, and serving the needs of their diverse students;
- Save Time for institutions by providing a centralized and easy to navigate location to quickly access good practices, advising tools, and training, as well as connect professionals
with similar objectives and goals to promote inclusion in international education; and,
- Improve the student experience before, during, and after an international education experience by ensuring that global education professionals are equipped and prepared to holistically address the needs diverse
and underrepresented students in international education.
Here are just a few reasons why Diversity Abroad’s online course(s) may be right for you and your office.
- Content: This course provides rich and valuable information, tools, and resources. A certificate of participation is provided upon completion.
- Time and money: Online courses reduce time spent outside of the office, away from important projects and activities, and with on-demand training there are no travel costs, which makes these learning opportunities great for budget-conscious offices and professionals.
- Frequent Offerings and Networking: Offered on a monthly basis, Diversity Abroad's online courses are designed to facilitate a robust networking environment where professionals are connected to other participants in the course.
Inclusive Advising for Education Abroad Professional
Designed with current and future education abroad practitioners in mind, this 4-week eLearning course focuses on the skills and strategies needed to effectively support an increasingly diverse student population in participating in and leveraging education abroad to achieve academic success, interpersonal growth and career readiness
Inclusive Advising for International Student & Exchange Professionals
Designed with current and future International Student & Exchange professionals in mind, this 4-week eLearning course focuses on the skills and strategies needed to effectively support international & exchange students to achieve academic success, interpersonal growth and career readiness. Using a convenient asynchronous learning model, the course covers essential components of an inclusive approach for International & Exchange Student Services professionals.