Benefits of the Certificate
This certificate program advances both the institution/organization and the Individual providing a unique opportunity for the participant to increase their knowledge and skill set in Diversity & Inclusion within the realm of international education which can then be applied and utilized to strengthen the policies, procedures, and practices of their current or a future employer. Certificate participants will demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Access, Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity and how these can be implemented in various contexts to support inclusive excellence throughout the global education process; prior to, during, and after an international experience focusing on diverse, underrepresented, and international students. Opportunities will be provided to build professional networks with like-minded colleagues.
Participants who complete the certificate program will be able to:
- Demonstrate their understanding of access, inclusion, diversity, and equity as perceived through their individual and unique identities.
- Collaborate with colleagues and build supportive professional AIDE network within global education
- Engage in critical discussion about addressing social injustices within study abroad and international work.
- Build and apply skills to improve intercultural communication
- Create a personal plan for continued learning, growth, and challenges.