Inclusive Learning Institute
April 19 -20, 2021 | Virtual
The Inclusive Learning Institute, by Diversity Abroad, is an immersive learning and development event that convenes faculty and other education professionals to explore the intersection of global engagement, diversity, equity and inclusion in teaching and learning. Attendees will engage in critical discussions, share best practices and build networks to support student success, through advancing diversity, equity, inclusion and global engagement in pedagogy, curriculum, and co-curricular activities.
Faculty play a critical role in advancing student success. As higher education institutions become more globally diverse, faculty are positioned to both advance diversity, equity and inclusion in and through their work. Additionally as faculty ranks diversify, faculty are positioned to foster a climate of inclusion and belonging to support the success of colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
Join us this spring for the 2021 Inclusive Learning Institute, being held virtually, as we explore questions such as:
- How do faculty foster a climate of inclusion and belonging in globally diverse in-person or virtual classrooms?
- What is the role of faculty in fostering inclusive excellence in education abroad?
- Given that global education doesn’t require mobility, how can faculty promote opportunities for inclusive global learning at home?
- How can faculty support their domestic and international colleagues from diverse backgrounds?
These questions and more will be addressed during the 2021 Inclusive Learning Institute.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The Inclusive Learning Institute is designed for professionals from faculty and diversity leaders to student success and international educators. Attendees come to the Inclusive Learning Institute from
the following types of offices/organizations:
- Deans, Faculty & Academic Department Chairs
- Diversity/Multicultural (Chief Diversity Officers, Directors, & Advisors)
- US and non-US Education Abroad & International Education (Senior International Officers, Directors, & Advisors)
- Student Academic Support (TRiO)
- Virtual Learning Professionals
- International Students and Scholarship Services (Directors & Advisors)
- Public/Private Sector Human Resources & Recruitment Professionals
- Representatives from Education Abroad Organizations
- Graduate Students