2023 Inclusive Learning Institute
Faculty play a critical role in advancing student success. As higher education institutions become more globally diverse, faculty are positioned to both advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in and through their work. Additionally as faculty ranks diversify, faculty are positioned to foster a climate of inclusion and belonging to support the success of colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
The Inclusive Learning Institute, by Diversity Abroad, is an immersive learning and development event that convenes faculty and other education professionals to explore the intersection of global engagement, diversity, equity, and inclusion in teaching and learning. Attendees will engage in critical discussions, share best practices, and build networks to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and global engagement in pedagogy, curriculum, and co-curricular activities.
Attendees will also gain access to the ILI23 Hub the week before ILI23. The ILI23 Hub consists of resources, learning materials, and networking opportunities to expand beyond the two-day event. All sessions will be recorded and posted to the ILI23 Hub for attendees to revisit up to a month after the event.
Join us this spring for the 2023 Inclusive Learning Institute (ILI23), as we explore questions such as:
- How do faculty foster a climate of inclusion and belonging in globally diverse in-person or virtual classrooms?
- What is the role of faculty in fostering inclusive excellence in global education?
- How can faculty promote opportunities for inclusive global learning at home?
- How can faculty support their domestic and international colleagues from diverse backgrounds?
These questions and more will be addressed during ILI23.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The Inclusive Learning Institute is designed for professionals from faculty and diversity leaders to student success and international educators. Attendees come to the Inclusive Learning Institute from the following types of offices/organizations:
- Deans and academic department chairs
- Faculty and instructors
- Global learning program leaders and facilitators
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion trainers, facilitators, and instructors
- Virtual learning professionals
- International students and scholarship services (directors and advisors)
- Representatives from education abroad organizations
- Graduate students
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The call for proposals for ILI 2023 is now closed.
Registration for the 2023 Inclusive Learning Institute is now open!
Members : $399 (must be signed in and have an active licensed user to access this rate).
Graduate Student: $199 (must be currently enrolled in an academic graduate program. You will be asked to provide verification upon finalizing your registration).
ILI23 Member's Only Registration
2022 Inclusive Learning Institute
2021 Inclusive Learning Institute