About the Event
Faculty play a critical role in advancing student success. As higher education institutions become more globally diverse, faculty are positioned to both advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in and through their work. Additionally as faculty ranks diversify, faculty are positioned to foster a climate of inclusion and belonging to support the success of colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
The Inclusive Learning Institute, by Diversity Abroad, is an immersive learning and development event that convenes faculty and other education professionals to explore the intersection of global engagement, diversity, equity, and inclusion in teaching and learning. Attendees will engage in critical discussions, share best practices, and build networks to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and global engagement in pedagogy, curriculum, and co-curricular activities.
Attendees will also gain access to participant portal a week before the Inclusive Learning Institute takes place. The portal consists of resources, learning materials, and networking opportunities to expand beyond the event. All sessions will be recorded and posted to the participant portal for attendees to revisit up to a month after the event.
The Inclusive Learning Institute as explores questions such as:
- How do faculty foster a climate of inclusion and belonging in globally diverse in-person or virtual classrooms?
- What is the role of faculty in fostering inclusive excellence in global education?
- How can faculty promote opportunities for inclusive global learning at home?
- How can faculty support their domestic and international colleagues from diverse backgrounds?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The Inclusive Learning Institute is designed for professionals from faculty and diversity leaders to student success and international educators. Attendees come to the Inclusive Learning Institute from the following types of offices/organizations:
- Deans and academic department chairs
- Faculty and instructors
- Global learning program leaders and facilitators
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion trainers, facilitators, and instructors
- Virtual learning professionals
- International students and scholarship services (directors and advisors)
- Representatives from education abroad organizations
- Graduate students
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Check back soon for information about the 2024 Inclusive Learning Institute call for proposals.