Comm Disc: Preparing Students from Underserved Communities
Community Discussion: Preparing Students from Underserved Communities for Global Learning Opportunities in a Transformed World
Wednesday, December 8 at 2:00 PM EST
As travel mobility resumes against the backdrop of Covid-19, new challenges and barriers present themselves that impact historically underserved students’ ability to participate in global learning opportunities. What are strategies and practices that we can implement before students participate in global education that can set them up for success? During this community discussion, members of the Education Abroad - Student Support & Advising Taskforce will take a look at how university, international education organizations, and on-site staff are preparing students from underserved communities for global learning in a transformed world.
- Members: No Fee (members must be logged in to receive member pricing)
- Non-Members: $99
Important Information About Registering For Community Discussions
- Upon completing the online registration, please complete the Zoom Webinar registration found in the "Thank You" message provided on the webpage or via the email confirmation sent to the email used in the registration to get the access/connection details. These are system generated emails, so be sure to check your junk/spam folder for the email.
- Diversity Abroad will send an email reminder about the community discussion and access details to confirmed registrants 24 hours before the live webinar.
- Please note, if contacted regarding webinar access within an hour of the listed start time, Diversity Abroad may not be able to answer those requests in time for the webinar, so ensure you have registered via the webinar link provided.
- All Community Discussions are recorded and the link to the recording and presentation slides are shared within 72 hours after the presentation and also added to the Member Resource Library available to signed-in Diversity Abroad members.