About Diversity Abroad
Diversity Abroad is the leading membership organization that inspires and supports educators, policy makers, industry professionals and other stakeholders in leveraging global educational programs to support the academic success, interpersonal development and career readiness of students from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds.
Diversity Abroad firmly believes in the power of global education and that access to the benefits such experiences afford is a question of educational equity. Through the development and dissemination of diversity & inclusive good practices for the field of international education and cultural exchange, online and in-person professional development and an innovative student success platform, Diversity Abroad equips individuals and organizations to advance student success and career readiness through equitable access to global educational opportunities.
With expertise, authenticity, and in collaboration with its 300+ members organization and a global community of thousands of professionals, Diversity Abroad drives the field of international education and cultural exchange toward inclusive excellence.
Diversity Abroad’s mission is to create equitable access to the benefits of global education by empowering educators, engaging stakeholders, and connecting diverse students to resources and opportunity.
That the next generation of young people from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds are equipped with the skills, knowledge and global acumen to thrive in the 21st century interconnected world and global workforce.
To ensure diverse students have equitable access to and maximize the interpersonal, academic, and career benefits afforded through global education.
- AUTHENTICITY - Diversity, equity, and inclusion are hard work. We each have a personal connection to the work, communicate openly and honestly with one another, and foster an environment where our members can share best practices and learn from peers.
- COMMUNITY - We support and are a part of the Diversity Abroad community, an inclusive space for educators, students, and other stakeholders who have made a commitment to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in global education.
- CURIOSITY - We are lifelong learners: never resting on what we already know! Each of us seeks new ideas, new skills, and a willingness to adapt to new perspectives and approaches.
- IMPACT-DRIVEN - We are intentional and disciplined with the activities and partnerships that we pursue to advance our mission.
- INNOVATIVE - We are passionate about our mission and have a stake in shaping the organization. Each of us, regardless of role, actively engages in dialogue, challenges current thinking, and proposes solutions that continues to push the organization forward.
- PROFESSIONALISM - We are respectful, humble, and accountable. Each of us offers expertise and knowledge and delivers high-quality content and experiences.
- Abroad360 - an innovative student success platform to support students navigating each phase of the global education experience, including micro-learning & advising modules, online workshops, and Country Diversity & Inclusion Guides.
- AIDE Roadmap - The Access, Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity (AIDE) Roadmap is both an assessment tool and the most comprehensive set of diversity & inclusive good practice guidelines for education abroad.
- Diversity Abroad Conference - The most comprehensive national forum on issues of access, diversity, equity, and inclusion in global education.
- DiversityAbroad.com - Our flagship website provides a place for students to access curated resources, build community and get connected to global programs and career opportunities from colleges and companies who are committed to ensuring more young people from diverse backgrounds are positioned to thrive in our interconnected world.
- Global Student Leadership Summit - The premier leadership conference for students from diverse backgrounds who have participated in study abroad or other international programs.
Strategic Plan - Diversity Abroad Forward
In 2019 Diversity Abroad announced its 5 year strategic plan, Diversity Abroad Forward. The strategic vision firmly places Diversity Abroad as an organization committed to advancing the academic success, interpersonal development and career readiness of today’s student through equitable access to the benefits of global education. Access the full strategic plan.
Trademark - Diversity Abroad
Diversity Abroad® is a registered trademark.
While we acknowledge that the term “diversity abroad” may be used in global education, the use of “Diversity Abroad” is prohibited in titles of scholarships, programming, communication campaigns, etc. without explicit permission from our organization. If you have questions about our trademark, please contact email@example.com.