Diversity Abroad is the leading membership organization that inspires and supports educators, policy makers, industry professionals and other stakeholders in leveraging global educational programs to support the academic success, interpersonal development
and career readiness of students from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds.
Diversity Abroad firmly believes in the power of global education and that access to the benefits such experiences afford is a question of educational equity. Through the development and dissemination of diversity & inclusive good practices for the field of global education and cultural exchange, online and in-person professional development and an innovative student success platform, Diversity Abroad equips individuals and organizations to advance student success and career readiness through equitable access to global educational opportunities. Towards this end, Diversity Abroad develops tools and resources to advance diversity & inclusive policies & practices in the following areas:
- Career Advancement & Belonging for Global Educators - To most effectively serve an increasingly diverse student body, it’s essential that global educators from diverse backgrounds
are represented, equipped to advance their careers and experience a sense of belonging in their workplaces.
- Education Abroad - Ensuring students are equipped to succeed in education abroad programs requires staff, faculty, and administrators to promote inclusive practices across the continuum
of the education abroad process. This includes exploring global programs, preparing to go abroad, living Abroad, coming home, and getting career-ready.
- International Student Services & Cultural Exchange - Fostering a climate of inclusion and belonging for international students supports their success on globally diverse campuses and
is a critical component to advancing comprehensive campus internationalization.
- Global Engagement at Home- Developing critical global competencies does not solely depend on student mobility. Digital learning tools & meaningful global educational experiences at
home - both on campus and within the local community - can be leveraged to equip young people with the skills, knowledge and global acumen to thrive in an interconnected 21st century workforce.
The Value of Membership
What Type of Institutions become Members
- U.S. and non-U.S. Institutions of Higher Education
- Community Colleges
- Graduate Schools
- Minority Serving Institutions
- International Education Organizations
- Education & International Affairs Associations
- K-12 Schools
- Government Agencies
- Companies Interested in Building a Diverse & Globally Competent Workforce
- Individuals who Support Diversity & Equality in International Education
Who Should Consider Membership?
- Campus Administrators
- Global Education Professionals
- Faculty Members
- Education Abroad Program Leaders & In-Country Staff
- Secondary Institution Administrators
- Early Career Recruitment Professionals
- Diversity & Inclusion/Multicultural Affairs Professionals
- Financial Aid Professionals
- Disabilities Services Professionals
- Admissions/Student Affairs Professionals Graduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Anyone Interested in International Education & Cultural Exchange
Interested in scheduling a live demo to preview the online member resources? Submit the contact form below and one of our staff members will be in touch or email us at email@example.com.